Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 77 Cebu City, Cebu

I went to the city today to spend my birthday with my dad! Also, it's the start of the Sinulog Festival tomorrow here in Cebu. If you've read all of this blog then you'll know that each town in Cebu has a town fiesta celebrating a saint -- I've been to Boljoon's and Oslob's fiesta so far. Sinulog is Cebu Cities fiesta but it's much much bigger and attracts international attention drawing visitors from all over the world. Anyway I'll talk more about that once I get to experience some of it for myself.

Today I just spent the day with my dad and had my birthday dinner with him. My dad made friends with the next door neighbors of the pension house he's staying at because they have a small business selling food. Just street side barbeque and home cooking type, but the husband (Neno) and wife (I can't quite recall her name at the moment) are amazing cooks. Neno, my Dad, and I went to the Cebu City market because Neno found out it was my birthday and wanted to cook for us! The market was huge, by far the biggest I've been to, and Neno and his wife made excellent food.









No comments:

Post a Comment