Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 29 Cebu City, Philippines

It was my day off so my friend and I went and explored Cebu City. Here's what the traffic looked like on the way out sped up 10 times:


Just before I started filming, the bus we were taking stopped working as soon as we started moving up an overpass. It was one of the last buses to leave for Dalaguete so we waited for about 45 minutes hoping they'd figure out what was wrong. Luckily they did. Five minutes after that, the bus driver accidentally backed into a taxi, so we had to wait another 45 minutes for them to sort that out. We left the bus station around 8:00pm and with all the traffic and delays we finally arrived a little after 12:00am. Anyway, a long ride home but fun nonetheless.

On a sad note, a friend from work (in Oregon) notified me that one of the residents there had passed away. I know you're not supposed to "get close" with any of the residents you work with, but as anyone that has ever worked in the medical field can tell you, it's impossible not to form some sort of relationship with the people you are caring for. Anyway, this particular resident was extremely nice and very thoughtful and I will miss him/her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment